Innovation Fund: Design Innovation Seed Fund (DISF)
Applications are open for the Design Innovation Seed Fund (DISF). The fund is open to;
- Early-stage small and medium enterprises/entrepreneurs/researchers
- Students at tertiary institutions as long as the institution does not already have an Intellectual Property claim to the product/service. Please consult institution’s Intellectual Property policy
- Pre-revenue businesses in incubation or entering incubation or
- Existing SMEs with new products/innovation that is still pre-revenue.
- SMMEs must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate for the company or individual applying in their own capacity
- South African citizens with valid South African Identity Documents or legal entities controlled by South African citizens with valid South African Identity Documents or permanent residents who hold a valid RSA ID document.
- Water Conservation
- Alternative Building Materials
- Low-carbon technology and renewable energy
- Information and Communications Technology
- Wild Card* (*projects outside these sectors can be considered)
Click here to apply.
Agriculture, forestry and fishing
Agribusiness and Agbio
Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
Information and communication